Bakersfield Firearms & Accessories
Second Amendment Sports, Inc. strives to have one of the best in-store, in-stock inventory of handguns. While the selection may vary by store, and especially by state, we work hard to have exactly what you want or need. We carry a wide selection of handguns, from .22 LR semi-automatic target pistols to concealed carry, to larger caliber handguns. Our revolver stock goes from small derringers or “pocket” revolvers, to double action defensive revolvers, single action cowboy revolvers to large calibers for hunting or shooting on the range. If we do not have what you are looking for, see one of our salesmen to check Pricing and Availability or to start a special order for no extra charge! We want to get you in to the handgun that best serves you.
Looking for something unique or a bargain? Check out our used handgun selection! We buy, trade and consign used firearms every day and have an ever changing inventory.
If you are a California Resident, please refer to the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale on the California DOJ’s website for only those handguns legal for a dealer to transfer or sell: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/. This does not pertain to Curios and Relics or to Private Party Transfers. Consigned firearms are treated as Private Party Transfers. Private Party Transfers do not effect the one firearm per month, government mandated limit. Heaven forbid that our other civil liberties are never rationed. And God Grant us to be fully free in California again one day! Please see one of our salesmen for more information on what handguns are legal or available for transfer. If you are Active Law Enforcement, this roster does not apply to you, but we only keep in stock the most popular “Law Enforcement Only” handguns. Never fear, though! We can always order in that special “off-roster” gun for you.
Like with our handgun selection, we at Second Amendment Sports, Inc. work hard to have one of the best stocked walls of anywhere you look. From your kid’s first .22 LR Crickett rifle, to home defense or fun-to-shoot Modern Sporting Rifles or a tack driving hunting rifle for your next great adventure. And the fun doesn’t stop there: we have your shotguns from .410 GA to 12 GA, wood or synthetic stock, home defense or hunting, pump action, double barrel or semi-automatic, pistol grips or muzzle breaks, we have you covered! And whether it’s a rifle or a shotgun you’re looking for, we stock all the accessories you would want to build it into the firearm that fits you just right. And if we do not have what you’re looking for, we can make a special order to get it for you for no extra charge.
If you are looking for an older or unique long gun, don’t forget about our used firearms! We buy, trade and consign used firearms every day and have an ever changing inventory and have seen everything from black powder, antiques and modern home defense long guns. Need a hunting rifle that will not break the bank? Check it out!
If you are a California Resident, remember that some rifles are banned by make, model or features. See the California DOJ’s ban list here: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf? or how the DOJ defines an “Assault Weapon” here: http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/genchar2 . Our inventory still remains extensive, but we have to operate within these regulations.
**As of January 01, 2019, new California Law SB1100 went into effect, which essentially prohibits the sale and/or transfer of any Rifles or Shotguns to any person younger than 21 years of age. There is a little silver lining though, in that there are some limited exemptions to the law! If you are under 21 years of age and meet any of the exemptions below, you may purchase or transfer a firearm.
1. Possess a valid, unexpired hunting license issued by the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
2. Is an active peace officer, as described in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with section 830) of Title 3 Part 2 of the Penal Code, who is authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope of his or her employment.
3. Is a reserve peace officer, as defined in section 832.6 of the Penal Code, who is authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope of his or her employment as a reserve peace officer.
4. Is an active federal officer or law enforcement agent who is authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope of his or her employment.
5. Is an active or honorably discharged member of the United States Armed Forces, the National Guard, the Air National Guard or active reserve components of the United States.
As in all things pertaining to a firearm purchase, you must provide proof of these exemptions, whether by license or ID, at the time you initiate the DROS.
These exemptions only apply to persons under 21 years of age when buying a Rifle or Shotgun. You must still be 21 years of age to purchase Pistols, Revolvers or lower Receivers. There are no exemptions to those firearm types.
What’s the point of buying a firearm if you do not have any ammunition to shoot? At Second Amendment Sports, Inc. we not only keep a plentiful stock of ammunition for those firearms we have for sale, but also a vast selection of calibers, so no matter what you are shooting, you can continue to do so! Please see our caliber list here, which details all the ammunition calibers we regularly stock.
* The firearms industry is so politically charged that sometimes, when legislation targets certain firearms or even the ammo itself, shortages begin. Supply cannot keep up with the demand, fear buying begins and hoarding runs rampant, making it nearly impossible to keep certain calibers in stock. Like most firearm dealers during these times, we are forced to go on a daily limit of what quantity we can sell per client. And for our shooting range members, no matter the shortage, we do our best to keep ammunition available to shoot so you may never buy or rent a firearm that you cannot take on the range.