West Bakersfield Firearm Transfers
Second Amendment Sports, Inc. will transfer your firearm in from or to another FFL (Federal Firearms License) Dealer for a nominal fee. Please contact the location nearest you for more information on fees.
Transferring Your Firearm to another FFL Dealer
- Bring in your firearm, unloaded.
- Client must provide contact information of your FFL Dealer.
- SAS will contact the FFL dealer and make arrangements to ship the firearm.
Firearm Purchased from SAS, Transferred to another FFL Dealer
- Client pays for firearm, sales tax and for freight, which includes shipping insurance.
- Client must provide contact information for the receiving FFL dealer.
- SAS will contact the FFL dealer to make arrangements to ship the firearm.
Receiving a Firearm from another Dealer
- Call the SAS location you would like to receive your firearm. Provide the shipping FFL dealer’s contact information and information on the firearm itself.
- SAS will contact the FFL dealer and exchange the required documentation so the dealer can ship the firearm to SAS.
- When the firearm arrives, we must first complete the receiving process, which includes verifying the shipping FFL dealer’s information and firearm information. If you are watching the tracking information, please give us time to actually receive the firearm through this process. We cannot instantly start the transfer to the client until this process is done. When it is done, SAS will contact the client to come in and start the paperwork process.
* For California clients, the State Board of Equalization requires SAS charges Sales Tax on incoming items. You must have a copy of the receipt for our records and to figure appropriately.
* For California residents, firearms transferring must be compliant, on roster and must come with appropriate magazine capacity. Active Duty Law Enforcement Officers are exempt from this requirement. Please look here to confirm whether the firearm you would like to have transferred is on roster: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
For all Firearm Transfer inquiries please contact: